Saturday, May 1, 2010

How to compact 2 pictures using Picasa

Picasa is a free photo editing software made by google!
If you don't already have Picasa, click here to download it!

It just takes a few minutes and you are there.

THIS IS STEP ONE
OPEN a picture that you want to start with
(In your picture files on your computer open with Picasa photo viewer
then edit in Picasa
Which brings you to this Screen
On the top bar (CREATE pull down menu to ~~~COLLAGE)



Step two:  this is what the collage screen looks like



Step Three:  Adding you photos to the screen
you do this by clicking the clips tab and get more..


Step 4:  you drag the photos you want in, caution if yu are fast it will out them all on so click in a open white spot first then one at a time.


Step 5:  You then click the Settings tab which brings you to this


Step 6: You then click the very last on the list in the menus in the box where you see shaded gray



Then waahh Laaah you have combined two pictures into one



It sends in to a draft mode and in a moment you can save by the file save button.
Save somewhere you save your photos because Picasa saves it in a collage folder too.

Then you are Done

THE FINISHED PRODUCT IS:


Still to come from me in this blog party is the recipe for
Peppermint pie  TO DIE FOR

13 comments:

  1. I can see all kinds of applications for this "lesson". Thanks, so much, for sharing it. Can't wait for the Peppermint Pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems easy, Shel. My photoshop is so confusing...and the simple answer was in google all along! Thanks so much! I can't wait to show Mia what I can do :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picasa tip. Very helpful to me! I also just made a purchase from your etsy shop! Thanks for the party favor PLUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Thank you Shel. I will be trying this soon. I have bookmarked it. You're the best!
    Xoxo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey wow! That's a really cool tool! It's wonderful they have this in a free tool and I love the images you combined!
    ♥Sharon
    PS. Thanks for the nudge to join the party, I'm having fun. Just what the doctor ordered. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this- I have microsoft digital image, and now I'm planning to add Pikasa to the repetoire! Can't wait to read the pie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image, Shel. I love those pink shades!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://lkaynana.blogspot.com/

    Check it mom did this tecnique on her blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have Picasa, but I understand it is a free program you get off the internet. I may have to add it to my digital arsenal since it looks easier to use than PS. thanks for sharing during the Inspiration Avenue Blog Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look like you already referenced my picture from your "lesson". I don't know how to do the link anyway. Something you will have to teach me sometime. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It was so .... easy! and quick! Great tip. I use Picasa to edit my photos but I wasn't aware of this feature. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!