Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Challenge... Community


WOW When I saw this at Inspiration Avenue I thought what on earth will I create?

Then I realized Duh  COMMUNITY IS SO MUCH A PART OF MY LIFE!!
I have a heart for community.

I Volunteer at:
The Community Clothes Line, which is a clothing bank put on by my church Aug thru May


The Community Resourse Center Supported by the Lion's Den thrift store where I work Monday and friday.  Where we help people in crisis and also let pastors/social worker as a referral system send us people in need. 
Also a cool place to shop with the Raven's Nest Consignment Store and our thrift shop.


Seeds of Hope on Thursday night a setting for people who have astranged from the "church setting" Where at 6 we come together and Sing, eat and have a 10 minute sermon and sing agian going home at 7 with some fellowship in there too.


Wednesday I have  WOW group, "women of worth" where I come to the church at 6 and teach basic computers and then at 7 is open door for Safe,  coffee is on for women to come pray here a devotion and just talk and be with other women,  we take turns hosting so to speak (the devotion part)  attendance is growing and I am really seeing this getting big!  No pic here for protection of their privacy.
LOGO designed by my daughter

So there is a little peak into my live through the simple word of community

COME PLAY WITH US THIS WEEK
IA

7 comments:

  1. I thought this would be easy for you, Shelly...it is totally you! I love the Community Closeline Shop, that's one of the most fun little buildings I've seen...I would definately stop in :)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post for this week's challenge. You are very connected with your community. And it sounds like wonderful work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shel-it seems we are kindred spirits! Very cool to hear about the things you are doing in your community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you thought you wouldn't have anything for the challenge!! Wow, you are a big part of all these wonderful projects! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how connected you are to your community. Beautiful post, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great work and it is ALL about community isn't it? Thank you for that.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love what WOW stands for. We should all help each other!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!