Monday, July 18, 2011

"Wings" Inspiration Avenue Challenge this week


~
I grew up an only child that had a big imagination
But I truly believed that there were little angel fairies that sat inside the pansies.

 and when we were not looking they would
jump out and ride on the dragon flies.

I was afraid of the dragon flies up into my teen years.  The way they darted around and would hover would freak me out.  As the little girl I who would play with hot wheels and star wars people and space ships in my mothers garden and make my own little village my friends would come over too with their hot wheels matchbox and star wars.   When the dragon flies with their big wings would come hover over me I would pretend that they were dropping the little angel fairies off in my little village to visit.
AAAH the memories of childhood.
~
The Challenge at Inspiration Avenue this week come play in the fun!!!

9 comments:

  1. How fun! I like that it brought back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea - fairies living in the pansies and riding on dragonflies. Wonderful image & story :-)

    Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you built the story right to the very end. It made it all the more magic and realistic. And of course, your photos are always center-stage gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post. I love your photos and the layers and demensions. Your story is very vivid too, I can really visalize it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and I really enjoyed the story from your childhood- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was growing up we had a fairy that lived in one of our red tulips! Her name was Lila.

    We have such wonderful dragonflies where we live! They come in all different sizes and colors. The ones that buzz around the house are HUGE! And the ones that hang out down by the bungalow are pure black with turquoise wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your piece, so fun...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this story, Shel. I love that the dragonflies became something nice (fairy transportation) even though you were afraid of them :) The make-believe games of childhood were such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos, Shelley, and a great story you shared...Angel Faces...
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!