Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ever wonder... did I say the right thing?

Me and Kel 2 years ago Whistler BC

I work in a nursing home and I deal with death on a daily basis but yesterday as my best friend had just lost her dad the words did not come to me.  I kept getting choked.  I have heard of this with nurses that loose their own family loved one and it hits different but I have never experienced this. 


Our deep friendship we have and the closeness  we have is in the heart and when she is hurting I feel it too.  I can not say. "I know how you feel".  because I have not had a parent die. We even talked about the difference in the feeling from a grandparent to parent dying.   My dear friend is an amazing artist and photographer and I  know she will continue to express herself in that way.  She has always been such an encouragement to me and we go back to 7th grade when we met.

I do have an ear
A shoulder to cry on
A heart that feels
A deep connection
A tear
A passion
A deep faith
A rooted foot in the ground



Until we talk again dear friend
I Love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post and definitely heart felt!!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose we can never really say the right thing in these situations, but your presence will be appreciated by your friend I am sure. such a lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shel I've been in your friend's shoes and honestly it's not important what words you say, what's important is just being there with your love and support x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!