Monday, November 28, 2011

I can see clearly now the stuff is gone

Captured this Sunday (yesterday) and if reflects how I feel
Ever have one of those moments where you just have a light bulb go on and like dah what the heck!!!
Well the last week that is what has happened to me.  I have had a light bulb go on
I have never thought of myself as a hoarder I had a grandma that was but I did not know there was a name for it at the time.  Well the other day I decided to move some stuff for some newer stuff and in that got rid of a ton of stuff.
I moved a table to make room for craft bin and the table went to the garage.
I tossed a ton of unused craft stuff
Well this was just the beginning granted this room, my craft and office/laundry space is still a mess
but it started something in my husband and we went through three closets totally getting rid if stuff we had so many sheets we never use and blankets we gave to the needy
Our pantry looks like we just moved in and the coat closet has a floor again
I got rid of half of my clothes.  HALF that is huge for me.  Boxed up the summer stuff and if I had not worn it in the last 8 months off it went into the bag.
This is very freeing!
I have even decided to redo the bedroom and make it more manly not African safari anymore it will be the
bear fur and the Elk stuff.
I gave my two cheetah lamps
selling my African pics

Just a whole Lotta new
and it feels good

I had to come to the realization that everything in my house is mine (well not daughters or hubby's personal stuff you know what I mean.

And not feel guilty for getting rid of something given to me 20 years ago
or that was even given to me in the last couple of years.
It was given to me there for no strings and I have every right to do what I want with it!!
There is a powering feeling in that.
One of my goals
I am making an honest effort not to give my kids things with strings attached!!

In talking about this with some gals at church we might for a group to help each other
that would be cool.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, If I have ever given you something that appeared to have "strings" attached that was never my intentions. Please forgive me if I have done that. I love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mom you have not. I am just trying not to be like Gram E.
    I love downsizing and getting rid of what I do not use!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!