Friday, March 16, 2012

Stepping OUT!!! Out of the fog part 2


So as I went to church last night I went in with a different frame of mind.  Hard to explain it.
I have a few people I joke around with when I first walk in and then I decided to visit folks I had not  talked to much.  So I visited with a woman who shares the love of photography and she was telling me about her new online mission field.  I did not even know something like that existed and she is a missionary to people in Nigeria.  I visited with some new people that come 35 minutes to our Thursday night church that is in a old restaurant because they feel comfortable here and accepted one has a Mohawk and a tail type hair cut God Loves everyone and that is one of out motto's at Seeds of hope. I had a great conversation with a 18 year old boy with Down syndrome He is so sweet and has some great goals for his life.  We have a small meal and I looked through the room and I saw him sitting at a booth by himself.  Well that is just no good in my book so my friend went and got him and he came and slid into our booth with 7 ladies all mommas and had a great time.  He left with a Happy heart and wants to come back next week.  THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!   When people come to a place and feel comfortable and accepted then their hearts open to the Lord to grow and invite him in and start their walk with God a new walk a new beginning.  I started mine 22 years ago.  I was a chaperon at a youth group convention in Portland Oregon and there I was on the floor with the kids on my knees asking the Lord Jesus in my heart and my life has not been the same since!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shel, This is a heart warming post...and it is true...that IS what is all about...LOVE♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!