Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oh I am a mess today

My sweet first born is moving to another state 
Today I was cooking in the kitchen and I heard the door open I knew it had to be him as he walks right in. 
We talked for a long time 
As he left         
"I love you mom"  as he walked out the door "I love you" back 
Then I lost it
I cried and cried 
OMG  is this how my mom felt when I left Alaska 
It is awful I know I raised him right 
and he is an adult but I am gonna miss him soo much. 
We are so much alike me and him his dad and sister are alike
Raymond and I are social creatures always on the go doing stuff where as Morgan and Kayla not so much. 
I know this is a season and I will get through it.  
I know these tears will soon stop and my glasses will once again stay on my face.  
 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 Pet 5.6-7)


6 comments:

  1. Yes you are right. I cried so hard I thought there were no tears left. Tears of a loving Mom. So I have read this post & the tears are on my face, because you cried & because of my sweet connection with my 1st grandchild & the changes in his life right now. I really miss him & thank God for all the wonderful memories when we lived closer together & the visits up there. Darn it's hard when they grow-up!!!! Love you sweet daughter of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAh moma love you too. all this growing through life is so tough at times. Glad you are here with me.

      Delete
  2. I got teary eyed reading this... i loved every minute of being a mom and believe me Shel i know how you feel! fortunately (& i like ghow you said it) "..these tears will soon stop and my glasses will once again stay on my face." ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane and all your encouraging words this week have been wonderful REALLY helped me get through it.

      Delete
  3. Shel,
    Come over and we'll have some tea.
    I know just what you are going through. Sounds like me only I am blubbering because my son is moving 4 hours away! He and I are also just a like and my daughter and hubby are just alike. I have always been very close to both of them and I am not one of those that couldn't wait for them to move out. I love having them around, but you know, you raise them right and you have to let them fly~
    Actually, now all your moments will be even more special when you talk and are together!
    I guess we should be worried if they never wanted to leave!
    Sending you a virtual hankie and some tea!
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow kim we are a lot alike cool I so wish we could sit down and have tea. maybe one day we can make it happen.
      Thanks for the hanky and tea I needed both today.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I love reading them. Thanks for stoppin by.. Due to mass spamming during the 29 faces I did turn the word verification back on. Please do not let that stop you for posting none spammed notes :). I love to hear from you!!